BSidesLV is one of the hottest names in InfoSec! We have an amazing array of speakers each year, covering topics such as Penetration Testing, Forensics, Incident Response, Risk, and everything in between. We have a Lockpick Village, the Squirrels in a Barrel World Championship Social Engineering Capture The Flag, uncensored talks, and proximity to the other big InfoSec conferences in the world. BSidesLV is the place where the conversations about the “Next Big Thing” tend to happen first.
Is your company interested in Sponsoring BSidesLV 2014?
Here’s our 2014 Sponsor Kit.
Or you can email email@example.com for more information
Round one of the Call For Presenters for all tracks is now OPEN until 15May!
BSidesLV 2014 will consist of four speaking tracks and one workshop track. This year, we’re also teaming up with PasswordsCon. They will be co-locating with us. 2-for-1 conference action – all for the low, low price of FREE!!
- Breaking Ground – Ground Breaking Information Security research and conversations on the “Next Big Thing”. Interactively discussing your research with our participants and getting feedback, input and opinion. No preaching from the podium at a passive audience.
- Common Ground – Other topics of interest to the security community. e.g., Lock-picking, hardware hacking, mental health/burnout, Law, Privacy, Regulations, Risk, Crypto, Activism, etc.
- *Proving Ground – Speaker Development Program. 30-minute presentations from up-and-coming first-time national speakers, teamed with one of our experienced volunteer mentors. This CFP is OPEN! See Proving Ground information in next column for more details
- Underground – OTR talks on subjects best discussed AFK. No press, no recording, no streaming, no names. Just you and your peers, behind closed doors. Think about it.
- Training Ground – This track consists of workshops and classes to give your students hands-on experience learning the latest and greatest. We accept proposals for 1/2 day, full-day and 2-day workshops.
BSidesLV Proving Ground Speaker Development Program
The Call For Mentors and Call for Presenters is OPEN!!
We at BSidesLV are again asking the InfoSec community to step-up and get more involved. One of the ways we’re doing this is through our Proving Ground mentorship program for new speakers..
We all know how hard it can be to find your voice, or even to convert your data into talking points that won’t lose your audience. So we’re looking to pair each of the Proving Ground applicants up with a mid-to-high profile mentor, with a solid track record of public engagement, who will work with them from CFP to podium.
If this program sounds like something you’d be interested in, please review the invitation.
Round one of the Proving Ground CFP is open until May 15th.
The 2014 Room Block is open!
We have 350 rooms on our block at Tuscany Suites and Casino. Just call 1-877-TUSCAN1 and use code 13C06Q. Room rates are $50/night Sunday through Thursday and $95/night Friday and Saturday. As always, all rooms come with 2 badges, and this year, Tuscany has added free in-room WiFi!
BSidesLV 2014 will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 5th & 6th, at Tuscany Suites & Casino, 255 East Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV. Unlike several years prior, where we offered pre-registration for a token refunded fee, this year, there will be no pre-reg. Badges will be offered days of show on a first-come, first-served, walk-in basis. You can secure a badge ahead of the conference in several ways: Become a donor, a speaker, a mentor, a sponsor, a volunteer, or get a room!